What makes for great interior design these days? Modern interior design is an ever-changing concept that is influenced by many current trends. Ask a renovation contractor for HBD or an interior designer working on a retail establishment on the best styles for a space and you’ll get a range of answers. These trends can change from year to year and it can be difficult to keep up.
More information about offices and interior design
Office buildings, rooms, and other places of work have remained largely unchanged for many decades, but in recent years there have been changes put in place to transform these once purely utilitarian spaces into something more. Commercial or office design does not solely rely on practicality or functionality.
Many business owners have recognised the need to create spaces that are conducive to working needs in an effort to increase productivity and employee satisfaction. By “working needs”, this does not only mean work-related requirements and responsibilities but also employees’ personal needs as well. This is because most of us spend more time at the office than at home. Maximising the use of an office space entails taking into account employees’ comfort so they can be in the right mindset to work at all times.
What should you consider when designing your new office?
Modern office interior design has adapted to these realisations. There are many companies, both large and small, that are beginning to renovate or design spaces that can make employees feel more motivated to work and at the same time be conducive for business operations. There are three main factors that influence modern office designs:
- Employee comfort. Your employees should feel welcome in your work environment. Workers who are satisfied with their working conditions bring many benefits to a business. You not only increase the overall efficiency in the workplace but also retain loyal and skilled workers in your company, which are harder to find these days. This leads to lower turnover rates and higher employee satisfaction, drawing more talented employees to your business.
- Company or brand’s theme. The theme of your company, as well as your brand’s image, should also be reflected in the work environment you create. What kind of company image do you want to portray? Does your company exude more of a fun vibe, or do you want to appear professional and sophisticated? Do you want to look more like an approachable family business? You will have guests who visit your office space, including customers, so it’s important to have your office space reflect those values.
- Last but certainly not least, functionality is a big factor in determining how offices should look like. If your office space is inconvenient to work in, it will hamper your employees’ ability in completing business tasks. You should always design offices with form in mind.
Transforming your office into the ideal work environment
Modern luxury offices have interior design that achieves aesthetics that looks simple at first glance but can be very effective for the purposes they serve. Interested in creating a great modern office for your employees? Heed these few tips to creating a great space to work in.
- Encourage interaction, cooperation, and communication within the workplace. Many of today’s workspaces are a far cry from the stuffy cubicles that employees used to sit in. If your employees need to work as a team on different projects, it might be best to encourage interaction by placing them in an environment in which they can easily communicate with each other. Many companies designate a space for group meetings and seat people together.
- Don’t forget the green spaces and quiet places. Studies have shown that green areas in homes and other places can boost individuals’ happiness. On the other hand, quiet spaces are important because noise can prevent workers from being able to concentrate on their work. It’s best to provide spaces where employees can get more privacy.
- Give some thought to the kind of furniture you put in the room. The furniture is perhaps the most important part of your office design. An ideal office will have lots of storage units to keep the numerous files, documents, and office supplies your business will have. Getting ergonomic chairs and tables are also a must. Many offices also include lounge-type furniture in break rooms.
Starry Homestead is a company specialising in F&B interior design and other interior design projects in Singapore. Contact us to know more about the services we can offer you.