What to Do in a Ridesharing Accident?
In metropolitans like Orlando, ridesharing is one of the most inexpensive transport options. With Lyft being one of the most prominent players in the US market, fewer personal cars are on the roads than ever.
However, your notions of comfort and safety can dissolve the minute you get into a Lyft accident.
What do you do? Who do you call?
You need immediate medical attention and a Lyft Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL. An experienced accident lawyer can help you file your claim and get your insurance coverage without the hassle.
Read on to know what to do if you are in the backseat when your Lyft driver gets into an accident.
First Steps After an Accident
A car accident is always followed by confusion and chaos. It is vital to stay calm and attentive. Here are the first 5 things you need to do following your accident.
- Call 911: Your safety is of the utmost importance. If you are injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Report the accident to the police: Having a police report of the accident can prove favorable in the long run. While it cannot be admitted in court, it will help keep track of the details and bargain with the insurance company.
- Contact Lyft’s claims customer care: You have to notify Lyft about the accident to be applicable for Lyft’s insurance cover.
- Document the accident: While claiming the cover, you must provide evidence of the accident and the injuries. Collect the driver’s details and photos of the accident and any injuries if you can.
- Contact your Lyft accident lawyer in Orlando, FL: Lyft accidents can be complicated legal cases due to the many parties involved. Therefore, having an experienced Lyft accident lawyer on your side is crucial.
What Is Lyft’s Accident Insurance Coverage?
When you file a claim, the first thing to note is that Lyft drivers are not company employees. They are third-party contractors.
As for insurance, Lyft has varying accident coverages for different situations. You can get coverage ranging from $25,000 to $1,000,000, depending on the accident’s situation.
Why Should You Contact a Lawyer?
Usually, in a Lyft car accident, multiple people and vehicles are involved. This means several injuries and, therefore, many different insurance companies.
If the number of parties involved is too high, even Lyft’s generous insurance policy might not be able to cover all the injured parties. The coverage you receive will depend on the details of your case. Inability to provide accurate or sufficient details might even lead to your claim getting denied.
This is where your Lyft accident lawyer steps in. They can help you collect the required evidence for your case and negotiate with the insurance companies to settle. Further, if need be, they can take the case to verdict.
With a Lyft Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL, you might be able to recover the following costs.
- Medical Bills
- Property Damage
- Lost Salaries
- Reduced capacity for earning
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
In Florida, you have four years from the day of the accident to file a case. This might seem like a long period, but you might miss your chance with the increasing number of parties involved.
That is why you must hire a Lyft Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL, immediately after your accident. If you have been in an accident, do not wait. Get your accident lawyer today!