A Citibank Credit card is one product that lucratively rewards you with air-miles, cashbacks, and shopping rewards for spending your money. However, to actually reap the benefits of your credit card and utilize the privileges in the long-run, it is essential that one must pay their credit card bills in due time. Not only would paying your bills on time save you from paying an interest on your dues but would also help you maintain a healthy credit score and open you to better privileges and discounts.
In this aspect, if you are the owner of a Citibank Credit Card, you have plenty of options available to make sure that you can pay off your credit card bills, even if you remember to pay them at the last minute.
How can I make my Citibank Credit Card payment?
To make your Citi bank credit card payment, you could follow the simple steps from any one of the various avenues mentioned below:-.
- Set up a standing Instruction
If you are also a Citibank savings account holder, you can set up a standing instruction with your bank account to automatically pay your credit dues before the last date. In order to activate this service, you need to do your Citi bank credit card login and set up a standing instruction. Alternatively, you could also get in touch with the 24*7 Citibank phone banking services to help you activate this command.
- Pay through your Citibank net-banking portal or mobile application
If you are a Citibank account holder, You can also pay your Citibank Credit Card dues through the Citibank online banking portal or mobile application. You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Do your Citibank Credit Card login using your User-ID and PIN.
- Select ‘Bill pay and Recharge’ from the menu option on your screen
- Choose ‘Credit Card payment’ from the list of options and fill in the details to make your payment.
3) Paying through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS
To make your Citibank credit card payment using a third party bank account, you can easily initiate a NEFT/RTGS/IMPS transfer to clear your dues on the same day itself. You just need to follow these simple steps to make the payment:-
- Login to your third-party bank account and click on NEFT/RTGS/IMPS fund transfer depending on the due amount.
- Enter the details of your credit card and add it as a beneficiary for the fund transfer. Since you are adding a credit card account as a payee, you can enter the IFSC code of any citibank branch in your area. However, the account number one enters needs to be a valid Citi credit card number.
- Make the payment of the requisite dues
4) Paying through Epay
Another popular option to pay your Citibank credit card bill online through a different bank account is via Epay. To initiate your payment using Epay, you can follow these simple steps:
- Visit www.citibank.com/india, and select ‘pay your credit card bill’ from the ‘credit card’ menu.
- You then need to select Epay from a list of payment options available.
- You will be redirected to a page where you would need to enter your credit card details and select your third party bank from a list of 48 major banks through which you wish to pay your bill.
- Lastly, you need to enter the Internet banking details of your bank account on a secure billdesk server to make the payment.
While paying through Epay is a popular choice, payment through this mode can take upto 2 business days to complete.
5) Paying through other bank portals
Citibank credit card has been added as a trusted utility biller in the list of other major banking institutions. Hence, you can also login to the internet banking portal of any banking institution and initiate your credit card payment from there.
However, one must bear in mind that payment through this mode can take up to 3 days to process.
6) Paying offline using cash or cheque
You can also pay your credit card bill offline through a cheque or cash deposit at your nearest Citibank branch. However, one must note that an additional fee of Rs. 250/- will be charged for processing the Citibank credit card payment through a cash deposit. If your payments are likely to exceed Rs.50,00 depending on the status of Citi Credit Card, then a PAN card verification is also mandatory to process the cash payment towards the dues.
Paying your Citibank credit card bill is now easier than ever as you have over 6 options to choose from to clear your dues such as Epay, NEFT/RTGS/IMPS transfers and more. If you have been looking to get yourself a Citibank credit card, applying for one today is in fact even simpler than many of the payment options mentioned above. You can simply head over to the Finserv MARKETS website and get one for yourself online within a few clicks.