Cloud migration and modernization is a continuous process that involves significant organizational change management spanning people, processes, and technology under the cloud migration strategy.
Taking a holistic approach will help you navigate the journey successfully and also help ensure that your organization realizes new benefits – including efficiency, agility, and scale – once your workloads are running in the cloud under a digital transformation agency.
We comprehensively analyze the source code to determine the presence of bugs, breaches, or violations. It helps save time and money otherwise spent on fixing the issues.
- To take full advantage of this new flexibility, organizations are accelerating the adoption of new working methods, such as agile software development methodologies, continuous integration and deployment, and modern cloud architectures under a digital transformation agency.
- As a result, cloud migration often offers significant performance, reliability, and security improvements over on-premises infrastructure.
- Cloud also enables new application scenarios which are not possible using on-premises infrastructures, such as ample data storage and analytics, machine learning, and compliance with industry certifications under a digital transformation agency.
First, we need to discover and identify the existing workloads and applications to plan our Azure cloud migration and take advantage of powerful tools that ensure minimal business impact under a digital transformation agency.
We must learn, identify, and map all the application dependencies between components and systems.
Understanding these dependencies is essential when grouping and sequencing migrations during the planning phase under the cloud migration strategy.
Also, we need to answer some critical questions mentioned below as it is crucial to understand how each application adds to the business value:
- What is its purpose?
- Who are the target users of that application?
- What happens in case of application outage or failure?
- What is the required performance parameter or service level agreements for the application?
Considering all the aspects of the application ecosystem and context is essential for prioritizing, designing, and planning the application migration under a digital transformation agency.
Retire: Some applications may be end-of-life and more easily retired than migrated.
Replace: some applications are available as an alternative on the cloud as SaaS, and thus enable running application infrastructure on the cloud, typically with higher availability and lower TCO under a digital transformation agency.
Rehost: Also called as ‘lift-and-shift’ approach, where applications are migrated to SaaS virtual machines, it offers a fast migration path with an elevated level of compatibility with the existing software under the cloud migration strategy.
After prioritizing your application portfolio and deciding the correct migration strategy for workload, your team can start the migration process earnestly under a digital transformation agency. Migrations are planned in sprints.
Your team should work with the customer to ensure that changes are communicated correctly to relevant stakeholders, product owners, and users under the cloud migration strategy. Here are the top things to focus on during an infrastructure migration.
- Deploy your network, compute, and storage infrastructure
- Implement user identity
- Understand the available tools and approaches for server migration
- Configure high availability and backup
- Understand how to migrate data
- In this phase, we understand the value proposition of cloud migration by reviewing the benefits identified and how we can further optimize the benefits. The complete new services offer additional revenue and opportunities, such as monitoring, patching, cost optimization, and support under the cloud migration strategy.
- Here you realize, forecast, and optimize costs with Azure resources and use Azure best practices for resource management. Various tools from Azure are available to help us evaluate our cloud spending and optimize it further.
- The Azure cost management tool can help understand the current cloud spending and identify opportunities to optimize cloud efficiency and maximize the potential of the cloud under a digital transformation agency.
- Once Azure cost management is enabled on our subscription, it will collect data on usage immediately. The tool allows for tracking upfront compute commitments and fees compared with actual subscription consumption. It provides a real-time view of our Azure cloud environment.
Secure and Manage
- Security is a critical requirement for cloud applications. Applications cannot be migrated to Azure unless there is a high degree of confidence in the security of the migrated application and the application data under a digital transformation agency.
- Microsoft Azure supports an extensive range of features and services used to secure Azure-based applications and provide secure connectivity to on-premises environments where required under the cloud migration strategy.
- The Azure security center is designed to review all the resources in our Azure environment and provide reports and guidance on improving their security to meet Azure best practices under a digital transformation agency.